Following the General Meeting of The Kentucky Historical Society on November 4, 2005, the concerned members
met to celebrate Success in 2005 and to outline Goals for 2006.
3 Primary Goals for 2006
1.To restore historian Ron Bryant to the Kentucky History Center.
2.To restore lawful conformity to the KHS in its policies & operations, including:
- Compliance with the Open Meetings Act, making meetings of the Executive Committe & Board of Directors public
& open to member participation.
- Compliance with the Open Records Act, making records of the KHS open to public inspection & review.
- Conformity of the by-laws, charter, & state law, all of which at present are in conflict, making practically every
action of the KHS unlawful.
3. To improve member relations, services, & participation in
- voting for KHS Board of Directors candidates who support member issues
- including more historical & genealogical societies as members.
- increasing general KHS membership.
- offering a variety of speaker programs.
- improving communications & increasing issue awareness among members.
- working with the KHS Executive Committee in a supportive & cooperative manner.
- working with candidates & elected public officials to create better support for issues affecting Kentucky history,
genealogy, & preservation.
See what concerned members achieved in their SUCCESS in 2005